Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day!!!

It's beginning to feel like Home. As much as I have loved living in a warmer climate, I have to admit that occasionally I miss the snow, but only for a minute. It started to snow yesterday and I thought it would only be a little skiff and be gone by afternoon, but then it kept snowing and snowing right on through the night and this morning, this is what we woke up to...
And this was yesterday...

My kids have been playing like crazy in the snow and yes, we are prepared for it. We have our BOOTS, SNOW PANTS, GLOVES, HATS, and COATS. Now who's laughing, for those who laughed when we brought our "snow things" from Utah.
I took Payton out to play in the snow since she has never really seen the snow. She loved it for about 5 minutes. She's definitely a Texas girl.








There is hours and hours of entertainment outside which is a good thing since they cancelled school due to the snow. It seems so silly to cancel school for this much snow, but in Texas they are not equiped to handle this much snow. I heard they haven't had this much snow in a long time, like over 30 years. The great thing about this snow is probably by tomorrow it will all be gone and it will warm back up. This is the best way to have snow.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to that! Definitely the best way to enjoy snow. You don't have to look at the icky stuff on the roads for months! :) My parents, who live 3 hours east of Dallas, were hit with 6 inches and had no power all Friday. I guess you can never be too sure about the weather...