Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grandpa and Annie come to town

I was so excited to have my Dad and my little sister Annie come visit us in Texas. The flew in to help me drive back to Utah to visit for a few weeks. We had so much fun, but the best part was the expressions on my kids faces when they got here. They had no idea they were coming. I had Ethan with me when I picked them up at the airport and he was watching out the window and saw them walk by and turned to me and said, "that was weird". (meaning I think I just saw someone who looks like Annie and grandpa). Then they opened the back of the car and put their stuff in the back. He was was so confused, but so excited. Carson was at camp so when he got home and knocked at the door, I let Annie open it and he stood there just staring at her. Payton just stared at them for about 5 minutes not sure who these people were and why they were in the car with her, she has since warmed up to them.

I loved being able to show them around Dallas, I got to show my dad southfork (it was my moms favorite show back in the day) and take pictures to bring back to her. Here are some of the hightlights from our daytrips around town. Here are some random pictures of our sightseeing adventures to the wax museum, South Fork Ranch, the Holocaust Museum, and Dealy Plaza.






























Driving to Utah wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was worried that Payton would cry the whole time or the boys would argue, but they were all really good. 3 days of being in the car, we are glad to be out of the car and visiting with family and friends.

No comments: