Thursday, July 22, 2010

Utah trip week 2

Week 2 was more about spending time with friends and seeing Milan's side of the family. I was able to get some shopping in and lunch dates with friends while the kids spent time with grandpa and grandma. The kids love spending time with them. Grandma is always teaching them something new, like playing the piano or crocheting. Carson really eats it up.

I got to spend an entire day with my sister, and for those of you who know my sister, know that this happens very rarely. She usually has so many things going on and is hardly ever home that even when I did live 5 minutes away from her I never saw her. So to actually spend an entire day with her was so amazing and so much fun. I wish we could do it all the time. I really miss my sister. This is a picture(from last summer) of me and my two sisters, Alesha(on the left) is a year older than me, and Annie (on the right) is 20 years younger than me(Yes, I am old enough to be her mother)
I am amazed at how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. It's hard to feel like I am on vacation when I am constantly running from place to place, but to be able to see these wonderful people in my life, it's well worth it. My cousin Brooke drove all way up from Vegas to see me, it was good to catch up on life and see her, but what a sacrifice to come just to spend a few hours with me.

Its always hard going back to Utah for visits. Part of me feels like I'm home again and I love being there and part of me feels like I don't belong anymore. Its always a mix of emotions and it really makes it hard to go visit. It also seems like no matter how long I am there, I never have enough time to see everyone I want to see or to do everything I want to do, so I am really sorry to those of you that we didn't get a chance to see or visit with. We really do have the best intentions in mind.


I had to say goodbye to my family this week and it's always hard to say goodbye to them. I only get to see them 2 times a year and its really hard because we are close. My dad has had some health problems this year and it's been hard not being close by to be there for him. The one thing that has helped me through those tough times is something he told me. Give service to someone who needs it, do it as if you were doing it for me. That has been some of the best advice he has ever given me. It has helped me grow is so many ways and has given me peace of mind when I couldn't be there with him.

The best part of this week, was Milan coming to be with us. He flew in Saturday morning and then we headed up to Park City for the rest of our vacation. Which is to come in week 3.......

No comments: