Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time Out for Women

I had the opportunity to attend Time Out for Women this past weekend with these amazing women. It was so great to be reminded that we are doing a good job and we are of worth. I feel like I left this weekend feeling rejuvinated and refreshed. I even feel motivated to do better and to be better. We need these reminders every once in a while because its so easy to feel frustrated with the things in our lives. We heard music from the talented Hilary Weeks. She shared stories, sang beautiful songs, and threw in a few jokes as well. She's a great performer. She is the other blond in the picture.
Chieko Okazaki was supposed to be one of the speakers, but due to health reasons she was unable to attend. In her place was Mariama Kallon. Chieko is a wonderful speaker, but I thourghly enjoyed listening to Mariama share her stories of survival and hope. She has a CD out with her story and if you really want to appreciate your own life more, you should get it and listen to it. You will find your life is so much better than you thought. Despite the horrible circumstances in her life, she is such a loving person. We walked up to meet her and she greeted each of us with a loving embrace. I am inspired by her, who wouldn't be.
We also had the opportunity to hear from DeAnne Flynn. Mother of 7 and she is fantanstic. She reminded me that life doesn't have to be perfect and I am doing amazingly well even though I don't feel like I am doing amazingly well. Life is about being happy with where you are and with what you've got. I wrote down one of her quotes that I loved...
"Where there is life, there is hope. Where there is hope, there is life. Where there is hope, there is Christ, Where there is Christ, there is hope."
DeAnne is the tall blond in the middle on the back row.
If you've never had the opportunity to go to a time out for women, I suggest that you go. It's a great way to feel the spirit and to learn more about yourself. And speakers have a way of making you feel like their message is just for you. I feel ready to take on my life again with a new perspective.
One last thought from Sister Emily Feeman, learn to see good days, not just have good days.

1 comment:

Elicia said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish I could have been there to go with you guys! Miss you all!