Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Halloween in Texas is a little different than it is in Utah. The schools don't celebrate it and the kids don't get to dress up or have a parade at school. It's kind of sad. Alot of our neighbors don't celebrate halloween either, I'm not sure if it's a culture thing or a religeous thing. There weren't many houses handing out candy, about 1 in 5 houses, so the ones who did have candy gave out handfuls because there weren't many trick or treaters coming by. I guess the benefit to that is we went to less houses and got more candy. The other great thing about trick or treating in Texas is the weather was so nice. The high for the day was in the 80's. I know you are all jealous back home. It seems like it should be colder here for this time of year, but it has stayed in the 70's to 80's and we are still wearing shorts. I love it.


This year Carson dressed up as the grim reaper and Ethan dressed up as a storm trooper. Sadly we did not dress Payton up this year, I know we are lame.
The boys loved carving pumpkins and look forward to it every year. I can't say the same for Milan and me. I think we dread cleaning up the mess afterwards.














2 comments:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

Sounds like you are having wonderful times together as a family. I'm sure it will bring all of you even closer together now that you are far from other family. Thanks for sharing!

Dave/Sherry said...

As Isaac would say it, "I like that Star Wars guy."