Friday, March 6, 2009

6 Months

It's hard to believe that we have been in Texas for 6 months today. It was such a long journey getting to this point and it all started about a year ago. We were approached last march about a job opportunity in Texas and it's weird to think a year later we are living here. There are times when I wish I could turn back time and go back to the life we had in Utah with our friends and family all around us, but part of me loves being here in Texas where everything is new and exciting. We have really tried to make it home here and it's slowly starting to feel that way. We have a great ward and friends who have helped make us feel at home here. We are grateful for all the people we have met here. They are wonderful.

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about the ones we left behind. We still think of you often and miss you all so much. We wish you all could have come with us. It would definitely have made this move a lot easier. It truly was very difficult to leave so many amazing friends who have blessed our lives. I am in awe at the love we still feel from all of you. We love hearing from home and keeping up on the gossip. It makes us feel like we are still apart of you. So many of you have made an effort to keep in contact with us and we appreciate it more than you know.

Over the past 6 months we have gained a greater appreciation for the things and people in our lives. I feel like we have grown as a family and have become stronger. We have been through a lot with having a baby, moving, starting a new job, being in a new city and we have survived it all without completely falling apart. Our boys have really struggled here. Carson's tics have been getting worse and he seems to be struggling at school with his Tourette's. The kids are starting to make comments or tell him to stop doing his tics, so I guess it's time for me to come to school and talk to the class about TS. I have occasionally heard him crying himself to sleep at night, which breaks my heart. He misses his friend Colton so much and it's so difficult as a mother to see your child hurting like he is. Colton was always good to defend Carson at school when his tics would get bad and was there to help Carson to calm down and get them under control. He has made a few friends here, but the bond he has with Colton just isn't the same with anyone else.

Ethan has done better than Carson. He has made some friends, but he has become so quiet. I miss the funny kid that he used to be. I do occasionally see the funny side come out, but only at home. He used to do it at school too, but now he's afraid to talk or joke around. He got in trouble once at school for touching the curtains on the stage and now he is afraid of making the teacher mad so he just doesn't say anything. The longer we are here the more I see the comedian side start coming out, so I think in time he will get comfortable enough to be himself again. He got an award at school today for being an outstanding student. I was so proud of him. He was so excited and was grinning from ear to ear. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera.

I am so proud of the boys for trying to be supportive of Milan and me. They really have tried so hard to adjust to living hear and they are amazing. I feel like our family has become more unified because of this change in our lives and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. As hard as this has been, there has been alot of good that has come from this. We love you all and appreciate all of you love and word of encouragement.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

3 comments:

Rebecca and Aaron said...

Gosh - time really flies! Moving and starting over is quite the experience and I think you guys have done wonderfully. I'm glad we've been close enough to share in it. I love your sweet little family!

Caitie and Nathan said...

I can't beleve it's been that long. I miss you guys! I'm glad that all is going well. Maybe Nathan and I will have to drive down and see you soon.

Lindberg Family said...

It's so hard to move -- I can't believe it's been nearly three years since we did it. But we're sure glad you're here!