Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ethan in the ER

Thursday night I ended up taking Ethan to the ER. Milan heard him screaming and ran upstairs. It took me a minute to realize what happened, but I took off upstairs too. Ethan was struggling to breath and was coughing and burning up with a fever. He'd had a cough for almost a week and I even asked the pediatrician about it, but he said to just watch him. It ended up being a bad case of croup. He was so funny, he was worried about what he was wearing to the hospital and wanted to get dressed in his levis and wear shoes and not slippers, but I talked him into finally going as he was. I tried to carry him in, but he insisted that he walk in like the big boy that he is.












Saturday we took the boys to the Magic Time Machine. It was alot of fun. They had a waiting room upstairs for kids while we waited to be seated at our table. They had arcade games, a magic show, and fortune tellers. It really helped to pass the time. Our waitress was Hannah Montana, but Ethan kept his eye on Jack Sparrow. He finally got up the courage to ask him for his autograph and if he could take a picture with him. Joe Dirt was the waiter for the table across from us and our boys didn't have a clue who Joe Dirt was, but they wanted his autograph anyways. It was a fun place to go for the atmosphere, but the food was just okay. I don't know that we'll go back too soon.

Payton even had a good time.

5 comments:

The Shumards said...

That is so scary. That is one of my worst fears- not being able to breathe. I am glad he is doing better.

Teej and Jenn said...

Poor Ethan. I swear that little guy can't catch a break. First the gold dollar now this. I hope he is feeling better. Miss Ya

Cindy and Ben said...

Wow Ethan sounds a lot like my Braden! Braden had to go to the ER last March for difficulty breathing and that was really scary. He's particular about what he wears in public too! He's not even 4 yet! The other day we were just going to the gym and he INSISITED on not wearing the shorts he had on since he had slept in them the previous night.

Caitie and Nathan said...

Oh my goodness that had to be scary. I hope he is better!

That place where you guys went with the waiters looks like it was a blast!

Ryan and Andrea said...

I am glad Ethan is ok. I LOVE the Magic Time Machine! That was my favorite place when I lived there. Glad to hear it's still around. You're family is so cute & growing up so fast!