Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

Mother's Day was a little different this year, usually we go to the grandma's houses and eat dinner with one of them. This year my sweet husband made dinner all by himself with the help of two very cute little boys. They also made me breakfast in bed and lots of homemade cards to go with it. I think it's a competition to see who can make mom the most cards or pictures, it's a little much and I usually have to put a stop to it at some point, but I love the homemade things that my kids make for me. I have to share the gift that Ethan gave me from school for mothers day. It was a questionaire to see how well you know your mom or something, anyways here is how it went....


My mom is 86 years old.
My mom's hair is yellow.
My mom has blue eyes.
All day long my Mom works.
My Mom likes to make dinner.
My mom's favorite food is Nachos.
If I had a million dollars, I would buy my mom flowers.
My Mom loves me because she thinks I'm so darn cute.
I love my Mom so much because I'm sweet.

Kids are so great aren't they. It's funny to hear what their perspective is on things because I really don't like to make dinner, and I like Nachos, but I don't think I would say they are my favorite food, and I could think of better things to do with a million dollars than flowers, but it was a sweet gesture, and if he thinks I'm 86 years old, how old does he think his grandma's are? I do think he is so darn cute and I guess when your as sweet as Ethan it's easy to love Mom if for no other reason.

And here is the picture of me that came with it....
Carson made me an origami rose. He loves folding paper. Here is the origami rose and card that he made me at school.


I can't imagine anything better than being a Mother. The joy that my children bring into my life is priceless. I just wish I could hold on to these little moments forever and keep my children small just a little longer. I know that it wont be long before they're all grown up and the cute little homemade cards will stop coming, until then I'll just keep on enjoying the small moments.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there who are reading my blog. I really appreciate all the comments that you leave.

5 comments:

Julia257 said...

That's very Cute Sarah! Sounds like a great Mothers DaY!!!!

Cindy and Ben said...

I love the drawing! It looks just like you...hahaha j/k! I wonder how Braden would draw me :)Mother's day is the best!

Arrington said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. :)

Caitie and Nathan said...

You sound like you had a great mother's day! I can't wait until my little girl will get to those cute ages but I can wait at the same time!

Dave/Sherry said...

Can't get much better than that.