Friday, September 30, 2011

First day of School

 I was a little unsure how the first day would end since it didn't start out so good.  It started with her waking up on the wrong side of the bed, but I was able to get her excited about school when I told her we could paint her nails.  Even after we got to school she was still excited, she even walked in tall and proud.  As we got to the classroom, she noticed one of the kids crying and upset.  That's when she looked at me, looked at the boy, then back at me and the tears started.  I picked her up to sooth her, not a good idea.  They had to pry her off me.  She had a good hold on me and my hair.  I had to just walk away and let her cry.  You could hear her all the way down the hall.  All day, I waited for the school to call, but they didn't.  When I picked her up, she was smiling and asked if she could come back.  She said it was the funnest day.  YAY!!!  A successful day!  It's been all she can talk about.  This will be good for both of us since we spend so much time together. 
I didn't get a really good picture of her because of the tears, but this was the moments right before she fell apart.  You can almost see the concerned look on her face as she's about to start crying.
She really has loved going to school.  She askes me everyday if she can go today.  I wish they stayed this excited about school.

No comments: