Friday, September 30, 2011

Payton's MRI

Yesterday, Payton had an MRI.  It was a follow up to check on the changes in her spine.  To start at the beginning, when she was born I noticed a small bump on her lower back.  I took her to the doctor, who then sent me to a surgeon.  They did an MRI and said it was a lymphangioma (a pocket filled with fluid).  We were told to check back if anything changed, but that it would probably go away by the time she was 5.  It didn't, it actually got larger so we went back to a different surgeon due to insurance changes and with a fresh pair of eyes, the surgeon found something suspicious in her spine.  He ordered another MRI to get a baseline to compare future MRI's to.  They called it a Syrinx or fluid in the spinal cord.  The fluid is supposed to be on the outside of the spinal cord, not the inside. 

They asked us to come back in a year to see if anything had changed.  I put it off by almost 6 months mostly out of fear that it would be worse or that the news would not be good. 

Yesterday, my prayers were answered.  The Neurosurgeon couldn't explain the results.  The fluid in her spinal cord was almost completely gone.  He couldn't explain it, but I can.  The power of a priesthood blessing and many prayers.  I saw the hand of God in our lives.  I know He is always there, watching over our every need.  He answers our prayers today.

Payton is a stong little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family.  I love you baby girl!!!

1 comment:

Paul&KimSheffieldFamily said...

Sarah-
I am so happy to hear that she is doing good. Your testimony gave me goosebumps. Thanks for sharing. I think of you often. - Love Kim